ICI Homes is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent/Estimator who is skilled, self-motivated with a minimum of 2 years of residential purchasing experience. The position will work from ICI Homes headquarter office in Daytona Beach, Florida.
- Negotiate and purchase materials and labor with subcontractors and vendors to provide the best quality work, at the best possible pricing, with subcontractors and vendors who can meet company construction schedule expectations while fulfilling the company’s scope of work standards.
- New home plan costing/bidding out and subsequent building plan in the company’s adopted software system, FAST.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with duties as requested.
- Assist in the Management of subcontractor and suppliers.
- Assist the company’s on-site Sales Associates and/or Design Center staff with option pricing requests.
- Maintain and build estimates and job cost in the FAST System.
- Use PlanSwift for takeoff information so that the master plans as well as the lot specific plans can be built in the FAST system.
- Prepare special reports for Purchasing Manager as requested and maintain various excel spreadsheets on a monthly basis.
- Review cost as well as price issues concerning “Vendor Bid Control” with the Purchasing Manager.
- Complete Pre-Start report and cost forecasting for Purchasing Manager.
- Work under the direction of the Division President and the Purchasing Manager to control and reduce cost; re-negotiate contracts and bids, re-price houses, jobs and activities to save in the cost of construction in order to keep a competitive edge.
- Work with the company’s FAST trainers to be as advanced as possible be in the FAST Builder Software System.
- Work to continuously improve the PlanSwift Estimating Program; train other Estimators on improvements made, as needed.
- Build standard plan in FAST to assure Purchase Orders are issued correctly; build plan and project level options in FAST for all master plans.
- Review all house budgets in the FAST system and report accurate and concise job cost to the Purchasing Manager.
- Produce and process all estimating information given, gathered, or estimated to release complete Purchase Order packages in FAST; strive to release estimates that are 100% accurate
- Assist in production of estimates to maintain slot report dates.
- Work with the Design Center staff to price all custom options in a timely manner not to exceed a 24 hour turn around on more involved options.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Experience, Licenses or Certifications required)
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- PlanSwift experience preferred but not required.
- FAST software experience preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in residential construction purchasing.
- Able to perform complete takeoffs from blueprint.
ICI Homes offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
If interested, please send resume in word or pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE / DFWP
Note to Job Seekers: No telephone calls please. Your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential match. Thank you.
|Job Category||Administrative, Production|