Draftsmen – Auto CAD Technician – Daytona Beach, FL
ICI Homes is currently seeking to hire a Draftsman – Auto CAD Technician professional who is skilled, self-motivated with a minimum of 3 years of residential drafting, semi-custom and custom home design experience. The ideal candidate should be proficient in AutoCAD 2013. Candidate will be required to work under tight deadlines. Must be detailed oriented
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate base plans using AutoCAD 2013 for all active ICI Plans.
- Produce accurate construction documents for production of Homes, i.e. specific plan drawings generated from Pre-start and Customer Option Forms via direction the team leader.
- Must be able to work with Sales, Marketing and Development to create a lot-fit matrix for new residence in new and existing subdivisions that are developed.
- As needed, work with Sales to create specific lot fits for homes that are not standard and require modification.
- Assist with the acquisition of plot plans, survey drawings, truss engineering, energy calculations through an accountable system as requested by personnel.
- Continue on-going process of plan revisions to all base plans as necessary to meet code compliance and an improved overall plan.
- Maintain accurate records of revised construction details.
- Maintain current DWF files of our base plans for printing as required.
- Work with Customer Relations Department and/or the Construction Department as needed to create design changes of existing plans and assist in the development of new plans as needed.
- Keep current on software updates and equipment enhancements in order to maintain a state of the art department.
- Archiving of plans as needed for call-up and retrieval.
- Facilitate in the positive growth of the Plans department by following policies and procedures, value engineering and time/cost efficiency methods.
- Work closely with the other Plans Department staff members for the highest quality and most efficient output.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Must be proficient in Auto CAD 2013 and up.
- Preferred Certificate of Completion from a Vocational-Technical Program (or a minimum of 1000 hours of training) in Computer Aided Drafting
ICI Homes offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
EOE / DFWP
Note to Job Seekers: No telephone calls please. Your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential match. Thank you.