ICI Homes is currently seeking to hire a Draftsman – Auto CAD Technician who is skilled, self-motivated with a minimum of 2 years of residential drafting experience. The ideal candidate should be proficient in AutoCAD 2015. Must be detailed oriented
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate base plans using AutoCAD 2015 for all active ICI Plans.
- Produce accurate construction documents for production of Homes, i.e. specific plan drawings generated from Pre-start and Customer Option Forms via direction the team leader.
- Must be able to work with Sales, Marketing and Development to create a lot-fit matrix for new residences.
- Assist with the acquisition of plot plans, survey drawings, truss engineering, energy calculations through an accountable system as requested by team leaders.
- Continue on-going process of plan revisions to all base plans as necessary to meet code compliance and an improved overall plan.
- Maintain accurate records of revised construction details.
- Maintain current DWF files of our base plans for printing as required.
- Work with Customer Relations Department and/or the Construction Department as needed to create design changes of existing plans and assist in the development of new plans as needed.
- Keep current on software updates and equipment enhancements in order to maintain a state of the art department.
- Archiving of plans as needed for call-up and retrieval.
- Facilitate in the positive growth of the Plans department by following policies and procedures, value engineering and time/cost efficiency methods.
- Work closely with the other Plans Department staff members for the highest quality and most efficient output.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Must be proficient in Auto CAD 2015 and up.
- Preferred Certificate of Completion from a Vocational-Technical Program (or a minimum of 1000 hours of training) in Computer Aided Drafting
ICI Homes offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
EOE / DFWP
Note to Job Seekers: No telephone calls please. Your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential match. Thank you.