ICI Homes is currently seeking to hire an Assistant Division Controller who will perform and ensure completion of all accounting and financial activities for the assigned division. Also assists the Division Leader in ensuring the achievement of divisional goals and planning business growth.
The ideal candidate ideally will have at least 3-5 years of experience in Public Accounting. Must be able to multitask, be able to work in a multi company environment and meet tight assignment deadlines.
- Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Assist with the process of establishing, monitoring and periodically forecasting the annual business plan. Provide budget versus actual explanations as required
- Perform, coordinate, direct and monitor the financial reporting and investment activities of the division
- Report to Division Leader and Corporate Controller:
- Monthly business plan variance status
- Closing schedule opportunities
- Cost of sales as to pricing/cost inconsistencies
- Monitoring of sales, cancels, closings and starts
- Recording and monitoring of sales, cancels, closings and starts
- Measure and analyze operational benchmarks with other departments to achieve goals/objectives
- Advise Division Leader and Corporate Controller on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies and recommended actions
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly journal entries and reports
- Monitor division financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Help Corporate Controller develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting for division
- Work as a key member of the Company’s finance team to assist the Company in reaching targeted goals
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, practices, methods and procedures
- Requires knowledge of general banking policies and procedures, a thorough knowledge of business administration principles and skill in financial management
- Ability to utilize independent judgment and discretion in decision making process
- Communicates in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in written form
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred
- Accounting experience (homebuilding experience preferred)
- Certification or advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word
ICI Homes offers competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
EOE / DFWP
Note to Job Seekers: No telephone calls please. Your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential match. Thank you.